2018 Bank of America Chicago Marathon Be a part of the cure. Join the ChadTough Racing Team to help raise awareness and funds to fight pediatric brain cancer!
We invite you to join our team in the fight against Pediatric Brain Cancer, specifically Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG). Our goal is to find at least 20 passionate participants to help us spread Chad’s story and raise money for a cure.
When you join Team ChadTough, you receive many great amenities such as a Guaranteed Entry into the Chicago Marathon with the entry fee paid for by Team ChadTough, team singlet, and an invitation for you and a guest to the ChadTough Team Celebration Dinner. Most importantly, you will be making your marathon experience even more meaningful by helping to fund research to fight pediatric brain cancer (responsible for the most number of pediatric cancer deaths) with an emphasis on the deadliest form, DIPG (diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma).
The ChadTough Foundation is a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to fund research and raise awareness for pediatric brain cancer with an emphasis on Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG). Participating in the Chicago Marathon with Team ChadTough is your opportunity to help change the survival rate for DIPG patients, which is currently 0%! Every child deserves a chance to survive cancer. No parent should ever have to face a terminal diagnosis for a child! To learn more about the important work your efforts will support, go to www.chadtough.org.
When you join Team ChadTough, you receive these GREAT BENEFITS:
- Free Entry into the Chicago Marathon ($195 value) when $200 fundraising minimum is met
- A custom Team ChadTough singlet to wear on race day (when $400 fundraising minimum is met)
- Your own customizable, online fundraising page to give your family, friends, co-workers and others an easy way to donate and show their support for you.
- Access to a fundraising and training coach who can help you as you plan your fundraising efforts, collect donations, and prepare for your race.
- Access to Team ChadTough’s private Facebook group to connect with other runners and share fundraising and training tips and advice.
- Specially reduced priced hotel rates
- Invitation for you and a guest to the Team ChadTough Celebration Dinner (fundraising commitment must be met)
- ChadTough Water Bottle & Bumper Sticker
- Most importantly, the knowledge that you're helping to save kids’ lives!
2018 Bank of America Chicago Marathon FUNDRAISING Details Fundraising COMMITMENT: $1,884 To honor Chad’s 1,884 days of life, we ask each of the Team ChadTough members participating in the 2018 Chicago Marathon to commit to raising $1,884 to support pediatric brain cancer research (with an emphasis on one of the deadliest forms, Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma). DEADLINES:
- Raise $200 by March 15th to earn your entry. Once we have received at least $200 through your Crowdrise account or directly to the foundation we will provide you with the link to officially register with The Chicago Marathon.
- Raise $400 by July 1st. Once we have received at least $400 through your Crowdrise account or directly to the foundation we will send your exclusive Team ChadTough singlet so you can train in it before wearing it on race day.
- Raise $1,884 by September 23rd. Once we have received at least $1,884 through your Crowdrise account or directly to the foundation we will send your invitations to the Team ChadTough celebratory dinner, which will be on Saturday, October 6th.
Additional Benefits Once you meet your fundraising commitment, you will get rewarded with exclusive Team ChadTough gear for additional fundraising:
- Raise additional $250, earn ChadTough Hat
- Raise additional $500, earn ChadTough Hat, 2 additional invitations to the Team Celebration dinner, and ChadTough Hoodie
- Raise additional $1,000, earn ChadTough Hat, 2 additional invitations to the Team Celebration dinner, ChadTough Hoodie & ChadTough Jacket
The race does not allow for cancellation or runner replacement, therefore once you have registered, our foundation is responsible for your fees. For that reason, we ask that you refrain from canceling your commitment.
Any Race, Any Time - Chicago
If you have secured your own race entry to the 2018 Bank of America Chicago Marathon. Please Join our “Any Race, Any Time" Program. Provide link to Crowdrise: https://www.crowdrise.com/TeamChadTough-AnyRaceAnyTime