I am so excited and honored to be a part of Team EMC for the 2018 Chicago Marathon in support of maternal health around the world! This will be my THIRD time fundraising for Every Mother Counts. I believe that all women should have access to proper maternal care and trained birth providers. I am very grateful that I had two healthy pregnancies and complication-free births. Many women are not as lucky and without proper care, it could turn into a tragic situation.
Running long-distance races is a love of mine and distance is often the biggest barrier to a pregnant woman getting the prenatal and postnatal care she needs. My goal is to raise awareness to this worthy cause. THANK YOU to everyone who has supported me on this journey in the past and anotehr THANK YOU ahead of time to everyone who continues to support my fundraising.
Here are some facts that show why EMC is a vital organization:
*303,000 women die each year as a result of complications during pregnancy and childbirth. That is one woman every TWO MINUTES.
*For each of these deaths, an average of FOUR orphans are left behind.
*98% of these deaths are preventable.
These women are caretakers, teachers, health care providers, and community leaders. These women are the ones who ensure children get food, education, and clean water.
Every two minutes a mother somewhere in the world dies from preventable pregnancy and childbirth-related issues. Please take two minutes to read about EMC and their mission. Please take two minutes to donate. This will provide funds to address the barriers to maternal health around the world:
1. Transportation - Many women live miles away from healthcare providers and facilities, with extremely limited access to transportation.
2. Education - Skilled attendance at all births is considered to be the single most critical intervention for ensuring safe motherhood.
3. Supplies - Health centers and caregivers lack the basic supplies and equipment necessary to do their jobs.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for your help with this fundraiser! Please share!
From Every Mother Counts:
Hundreds of thousands of women die during pregnancy and childbirth each year. That's 800 women every day. The good news is that 98% of these deaths can be prevented. We have the tools and the know-how to save these mothers, daughters, sisters, wives, teachers, doctors, caregivers and community leaders—if we make it a priority. Every Mother Counts is a non-profit organization dedicated to making pregnancy and childbirth safe for every mother. We inform, engage, and mobilize new audiences to take actions and raise funds that support maternal health programs around the world. This year, join us in solidarity to run the 2017 INDY WOMEN'S HALF MARATHON and continue raising awareness about this global tragedy. We've chosen to participate in the race because often distance is the biggest barrier to a woman and her family getting the care they need. We hope to not only increase awareness for the cause but to also make the vital connection for people that so many pregnant women live far from health services around the world and that distance does make a difference. Simply put, we want to run so that others don't have to... And now, we're hoping you will lend your support no matter how big or small. Your donation goes directly to support maternal health programs on the ground. Here are some ways you can get involved.
1. You can click on the DONATE button to contribute what you can on behalf of one of our Every Mother Counts Runners.
2. You can REGISTER to run and become a fundraiser yourself and help us raise the much-needed funds and spread the word about this cause.
3. You can run with us in solidarity on October 7, 2018. Remember that any distance from 5k to 26.2 miles would be an amazing act of support of our mission. Every Mile Counts because Every Mother Counts. Together, with your help and our miles, we can make pregnancy and childbirth safe for every mother.Every Mother Counts wrote -
EVERY MOTHER COUNTS IS RUNNING THE 2018 CHICAGO MARATHON TO RAISE AWARENSS AND FUNDS TO SUPPORT MATERNAL HEALTH AROUND THE WORLD. Hundreds of thousands of women die during pregnancy and childbirth each year. That's 800 women every day. The good news is that up to 98% of these deaths can be prevented. Every Mother Counts is a non-profit organization dedicated to making pregnancy and childbirth safe for every mother. We run because often distance is the biggest barrier to a woman and her family getting the care they need. Simply put, we want to run so that others don't have to...And now, we're hoping you will lend your support no matter how big or small.
Here are some ways you can get involved.
1. DONATE to contribute what you can on behalf of one of our Every Mother Counts’ Runners.
2. JOIN THE TEAM to become a fundraiser yourself and help us raise the much-needed funds and spread the word about this cause. The fundraising minimum for this race is $1,500.