This year marks the 11th year Team Keira has participated in the Richstone Family Pier to Pier Walk to raise funds for Richstone Family Center, one of the most progressive centers for trauma-focused treatment and and the prevention of child abuse. Richstone also provides a safe-haven for those that might otherwise never receive appropriate treatment.
Deanna and I started Team Keira in April 2007 to honor a memory by bringing peace and happiness into the lives of those most vulnerable and at risk. Last year we were incredibly humbled by your outpouring of support which led to Team Keira being the number one fundraising team! Let's do it again!
WHAT TO KNOW
* A report of child abuse is made every 10 seconds.
* Five children die every day as a result of child abuse.
* 30% of abused and neglected children will later abuse their own children.
* Two-thirds of people in treatment for drug abuse reported being abused as children.
* Children who experience child abuse & neglect are 59% more likely to be arrested as a juvenile and 30% more likely to commit a violent crime.
It costs Richstone about $2000 to provide treatment and counseling every week for one year for a child in need. Our goal is to support five children and stop the cycle of abuse.
We are incredibly grateful for your support.
Crew, Deanna and Mike Courtney