Transportation Alternatives is proud to host our fourth TCS NYC marathon team!
For 45 years, TransAlt has been New York City's #1 advocate for biking, walking, and public transit. Our goal? To reclaim New York City streets from the car, and make streets safer, more sustainable, and more equitable for all.
Cyclists, runners, and street users from all walks of life make up our teams - people just like you who run these city streets each and every day, who want better public space for everyone.
Together with our members and partners, we have achieved so much, including the introduction of:
- Protected bike lanes
- Citi Bike bike share program
- Select bus service
- Pedestrian plazas and safety measures
- Life saving 25 MPH speed limit
- the Vision Zero program to eliminate death and serious injuries from traffic crashes
- Speed safety cameras to 750 school zones
-Car free Central and Prospect park
- and much more to our beautiful city
We are so grateful to all of our many stakeholders and members that have helped us succeed and make NYC an even greater place.
If you want to make a difference too, please consider donating to one of our team members campaigns!