Mandalao Elephant Conservation & The Lao Elephant Initiative have teamed up to raise funds to build a progam to protect Nam Poui, one of the last remaining homes for wild elephants in Southeast Asia, for the next 60 years!
1) Just $20 protects 1 hectare of Nam Poui (10,000 square meters)
2) Its estimated that the wild elephant population is down to under 1,000 left, and we plan on doubling the population in our protected area (50,000 hectares) over the next few years.
3) This is a ONE-TIME ask. We are raising the funds to build out eco-tourism in Nam Poui, allowing visitors to pay to be scientists to help us continue to protect and conserve the jungle. The revenue from this is then used to fund rangers and technology tools to stop the poaching and exploitation going on. We are making Nam Poui economically sustainble to protect itself and support and grow its wild elephants in a new model we are pioneering with the Lao government.
4) We are set up as a 501c3, so any donations are tax breaks and can be written off.
5) The Mandalao team will also be using Nam Poui in the future for bringing younger male captive elephants BACK into the wild when they come of age and are able to leave their heards.
Any and all support is so much appreciated! Be it a donation directly or sharing this link!