Warm Heart is a nonprofit nestled in the valley between the lush green hills of Northern Thailand. Rice paddies and stray dogs and chickens on winding dirt roads are the norm. It is also an area where poverty, inadequate education, and a lack of job opportunities leave people without the skills and resources they need to provide for their families.
Warm Heart was invited to set up its operations in this remote countryside in 2007 and employs a full-time Thai staff from the local community. They work on breaking the cycle of poverty by:
- supporting microenterprises through funding, skills training and international sales
- providing "Clinic in the Clouds" emergency medical training and public health services to the disabled and elderly
- building a children's home where over 40 hill-tribe children and orphans live year-round
- developing an after-school educational program in Thai and English so that children are prepared with the skills and resources they need to succeed in the future.
- creating sustainable clean energy solutions (biochar project)
...and much more!
I support Warm Heart because it is more than just a bandaid solution ... They work to create real, sustainable, community led solutions to the root problems behind poverty.
I hope you will join us in supporting this great cause!