LATINOS IN THE DEEP SOUTH
It sounds like an oxymoron, but it’s true.
The southeast Tennessee region has seen a 500% increase in our Latino population in 10 years and it continues to grow. La Paz Chattanooga is here to ensure Latinos are cared for, represented, and empowered to contribute to our community. Unfortunately, there is a disparity in the economic mobility and progress for our Hispanic/Latino neighbors.
THE SETTING (Southeast Tennessee)
Located along the foothills of the Appalachian mountains of Tennessee, La Paz Chattanooga thrives in the heart of the Bible belt where country music and sweet tea is a part of everyday conversation. At the same time, we are known as the Gig City where we boast the fastest internet service in the Western Hemisphere. New residents and entrepreneurs are flocking to our innovation district and launching successful businesses and expanded service centers.
Miami. Los Angeles. New York City…….. We are not. But the Latino population in southeast Tennessee is dramatically increasing year after year, and it is changing our region’s landscape.
BUT they need assistance to help discover the pathways for them to thrive in our “neck of the woods.” And more needs to be done to show that they are a PART of our community’s beauty.
STRENGTHENING THE LATINO HUB IN CHATTANOOGA
Your support will be used to strengthen La Paz Chattanooga’s educational efforts in these powerful ways...
- Expand our train-the-trainer to equip community health and wellness workers to provide our low resourced community with healthy lifestyle tools to Latino residents in their own communities.
- Support our Latino small business owners and entrepreneurs by in Spanish.
- Educate and that face our Latino population who represent 23 countries of origin.
- Provide to individuals and groups wanting to better understand policy-based issues.
- Educate the community on equitable housing, food availability, documentation, access to healthcare support, and crisis intervention.
- that makes it possible for Spanish speaking parents to communicate with the schools to make annual registration and parent-teacher conferences possible.
YOU CAN MAKE AN IMPACT
in the lives of our Latino neighbors.
Your donation will provide us with resources to be stronger, further our reach, and continue to make a measurable impact.
Recognize our Latino community in the heart of the south. Champion the effort to be inclusive!
Join our campaign to make them feel welcomed and valued.
Together, we are mighty!
WE ARE CHATTANOOGANS!