W.O.M.A.N., Inc. has serviced the San Francisco Bay Area in its mission to end domestic violence since 1978. We support survivors of domestic violence and their loved ones along their healing journeys, bridging value-rich networks designed to address intersections of violence.
Our programs, offered in English and Spanish, are largely supported by our dedicated pool of 50+ volunteers. In addition to providing direct services, we advocate for a culture that considers domestic violence as a community issue. In doing so, we work to empower the community to safely support survivors in their lives. Our 40-hour domestic violence training provides participants a strong social justice framework -- preparing potential volunteers and service providers to work with survivors from diverse experiences. In an effort to work toward collective liberation, we are also highly collaborative. W.O.M.A.N., Inc. maintains robust relationships with other local organizations doing the work to end violence and oppression in our communities.
We are proud of the work we do and truly couldn't make it happen without your support. Please make a donation today and join our community of supporters who impact changes in the lives of survivors of all communities. Every bit helps:
- $1000 will provide 75 hours of crisis line counseling on our 24-hour support line.
- $750 will enable 25 survivors to receive one-one therapy services.
- $500 will enable 30 monolingual Spanish speaking survivors receive support in their native language.
- $100 will enable us to provide 40 hours of training for a volunteer to support healthy relationships in our communities.
- $50 will allow 3 survivors to receive groceries to feed their families.
- $25 will allow 1 survivor to receive emotional and practical support via accompaniment to a legal appointment.
- $10 will help 3 survivors to receive essential support such as public transportation tickets and gift cards for toiletries.