Morgan's Journey By the Numbers:
- 6 years, 5 months, 11 days or 2,356 days fighting
- 21 pills taken a day, 2 infusions each month
- 10 hospitalizations in last year
- Misses 60+ days a year of school
- Regularly sees 5 doctors and has 14 currently on record (Up to 15 patient portals!)
- Struggles to explain rare disease to friends
With these medications, Morgan has learned to cope and fight to be a "normal" college student. However, these medications have many side efffects in the short term and long term. She has never hit remission, but we are hopeful that research can help.
Since she was diagnosed, a lot has been learned about Juvenile Myositis, especially around genetics and autoantibodies that help researchers and doctors have clues on which treatments can help individual patients. Cure JM has been leading an international group of researchers and is the only non-profit committed to Juvenile Myositis.
We are so appreciative of our family and friends and all the support over these years.