BENEFITING: Orange County Child Abuse Prevention Center Inc
EVENT DATE: May 01, 2011
May 1st, 2011. The OC Marathon. This is the story of 2 friends who will be running (one much farther than the other).
Why you ask? Because their pants are too tight. Because, they did not want to drive up to LA for the other marathon. But, most importantly to raise money for a great cause: The OC Child Abuse Prevention Center.
Jon Layne – Will be running a full Marathon 26.2 miles
- Born in Minnesota, near a lake.
- Uncanny ability to grow a mustache in less than a week.
- Aspires to be a firefighter
Brian Harrigan – will be running/walking/crawling a half marathon 13.1 miles
- Was a competitive runner with Northridge Pacers until age 10; has not done run much since…
- Enjoys air hockey, volleyball, and golf
- Former child, now has 2 nieces - ages 10 and 6
Jon and Brian sincerely thank you for your help and encouragement. As a matter of fact on May 1st, we will be on our knees thanking you for your generous contributions. Ok, well maybe we’ll just be on our knees begging for oxygen and a saline drip...
"The smallest deed is better than the largest intention".
-Croft. M Pentz