Office Nomads wrote -
A few reasons to support Northwest Harvest:
- Washington is the 23rd hungriest state in the nation.
- 1 in 5 kids in Washington state lives in a household that struggles to put food on the table.
- 1 in 7 Washingtonians relies on SNAP (food stamps), the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, which is severely threatened by budget cuts. Half of all people on SNAP are kids.
- The majority of working-age Washingtonians who live in poverty are actively working or looking for work.
- Since the start of the recession in 2008, Washington has cut more than $12 billion in discretionary spending from our state's operating budget, all in the areas of public safety, higher education and basic needs services.
- 1 in 5 Washingtonians relies on their local food bank.