Oklahomans 4 Midwives
Organized by: NACPM Oklahoma
Thank You For Your Support!
March 02, 2017
For the first time in many years, legislation to regulate midwives was introduced this year. We, the National Association of Certified Professional Midwives Oklahoma State Chapter in cooperation with The Oklahoma Midwives Alliance and the Midwives Society of Oklahoma are working to ensure that any legislation will protect access for midwifery consumers. We believe that families deserve access to midwifery care and that no legislation should interfere with the freedom to choose one’s maternity care provider and place of birth.
We have hired professional lobbyists to guide us through this process, and we ask that you, our consumers and advocates, contribute toward the financial commitment required for this expert support! To learn more visit:
Other ways to support this campaign:
1. Join our mailing list to receive updates and action alerts
2. Look up your Senator so that you can be prepared to visit/call/email with the next action alert: http://www.oklegislature.gov/FindMyLegislature.aspx
4. Join the Oklahomans for Midwives Facebook group: www.tinyurl.com/ok4midwives
5. Like and follow the Oklahoma Chapter of the NACPM Facebook page for updates and to follow the political process of ensuring access to midwifery for everyone in Oklahoma.
6. To read more about midwifery practice in Oklahoma you can visit the following websites:
To contact us with suggestions or to ask questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate you all, and your passion and dedication concerning access to safe, compassionate maternity care in Oklahoma!