BENEFITING: PROJECT NORMALIZATION OPEN DOOR PRESCHOOL
I'm turning 40! To mark the occasion, I thought it would be fun and meaningful for me to give back in honor of my 40 years on the planet! So, I am asking friends and family to join me in supporting a place that has given so much to our family over the past five years....Open Door Preschools in Austin.
If, like me, you know the importance of early childhood education and passionately believe that every child deserves that opportunity regardless of class, race or ethnicity, then I hope you will make a donation to Open Door Preschools in honor of my 40th birthday! Every gift matters - donate online!
For 37 years Open Door Preschools has been serving children with disabilities and typically-abled children together. Open Door families come from all walks of life: from poverty, from the middle class, from assorted neighborhoods, and from varied ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Open Door has long been a leader in quality and inclusion in early childhood education. We have three schools (two in East Austin and one in Clarksville) that are built on a simple premise: that all children deserve a strong start in life. We know that if children are nurtured and stimulated when they are young, the achievement gap that separates the haves from the have-nots can be bridged. High quality early education is perhaps the most effective anti-poverty program around. It is worthy of your investment, as it is of mine.
I am asking you to help me reach my personal fundraising goal of $1,000 to support the amazing teachers and families of Open Door-every donation has a huge impact:
• $50 provides diapers and baby wipes for an infant room
• $100 purchases art supplies for one class for a semester
• $250 covers our Foster Grandparent program for one month at one of our schools
• $500 subsidizes fresh fruits, vegetables and nutritious snacks at all schools for a week
• $1000 provides a superb day of professional development for all of our teachers
• $2500 enables several working poor families struggling to pay tuition to keep their children enrolled at Open Door
You can easily make your donation online at www.opendoorpreschool.org or send a check to Friends of the Open Door, 3804 Cherrywood Rd, Austin, Texas 78722.