OPENING ACT INC
Tax ID: 13-4127500
BASED: New York, NY, United States
CHARITY WEBSITE: www.openingactnewyork.org
OPENING ACT INC
Support our mission by creating your own fundraiser.
Opening Act’s free, year-long, after-school theater programs provide students attending New York City’s most under-served public schools the opportunity to gain conﬁdence, pride, and the knowledge that they can succeed at anything in life. Currently serving eight New York City high schools, our mission is to provide a high quality theater program to any New York City school that needs one.
Although our medium is the theater, our results go well beyond the stage. Opening Act students graduate as energized leaders within their schools. They value community and commitment and display conﬁdence in themselves and their ability to accomplish anything they set out to achieve. Through their artistic achievement, Opening Act students develop communication and problem-solving skills and strengthen their abilities in writing and self-expression.
Results from our year-end evaluations show that we are succeeding in our goals:
• 93% of students said that Opening Act improved their ability to work as a team
• 100% reported that their participation in Opening Act increased their self-confidence
• 79% felt more confident in their other school classes as a result of their work with Opening Act.
Opening Act creates supportive communities in which students feel free to express their individuality and thrive under the support and guidance of their teaching artists:
• 98% of students said they felt part of a supportive community in Opening Act
• 100% said they felt free to show their individuality
• 100% felt their teaching artists set high expectations
• 93% said their teaching artists inspired them to work hard and grow as an actor or as a person
The success of Opening Act’s programs also has an impact on our partnering schools as a whole:
• 73% of our students said they wanted to go to school more because of Opening Act
• 75% said Opening Act made them proud to go to their school
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/openingactnewyork?ref=ts