We are seeking financial and product sponsors for our 2017 campaign. To sponsor or to learn more about the benefits of various sponsorship levels please contact Rachel Weinstein at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 496-4305.
Last year every child who called a NYC Shelter "home" started school with a new, full backpack, just like every other kid in the class. This made a huge difference. THANK YOU.
LET'S DO IT AGAIN!
We are seeking financial sponsors for our 2017 campaign.
One of the most devastating consequences of family homelessness is the impact it has on a child’s education. The stigma of being homeless weighs heavily on these children. If a child goes to school without a backpack or with few supplies, other children will take notice and see a child "in need" rather than just another classmate.
Volunteers of America-Greater New York has responded to this important community need by offering Operation Backpack®. To learn more about Operation Backpack®, click here. Now in its second decade, Operation Backpack® is one more way Volunteers of America-Greater New York helps vulnerable children have some semblance of a "normal" childhood experience. Currently there are 23,000 NYC kids who call a shelter "home" and most are school age.
A new backpack full of new supplies can make the difference between a child being excited to go to school and not wanting to go at all. It also relieves the family of an expense they cannot afford. Click here for a list of what goes in the backpacks.
HERE ARE WAYS YOU CAN HELP.
1. Get your company involved as a major financial or in-kind sponsor, or product donor, or organize a drive.
2. Fundraise, Creating a Team Here on CrowdRise – it's simple and fun. Invite your friends, family, colleagues, clients, customers and everyone you know, to support your efforts.
3. Get Your Office or Other Group Involved - organize a backpack drive, encourage friendly competition or creative collaboration and then join hundreds of volunteers - corporate teams, families, individuals and other groups - sorting supplies and preparing the backpacks for pickup by the shelters in August. Call (212) 496-4305 or visit www.operationbackpacknyc.org to learn more.
4. Involve Your Family - take your kids shopping for their school supplies and let them select and fill a backpack for one of our children. It’s a simple and meaningful way to begin a tradition of philanthropy even with very young children. Ask your children's school, religious school or day camp to support Operation Backpack®.
5. Engage Your Vendors, Clients and Others – ask your office supply company to donate school supplies or ask your clients to donate a small portion of advertising space to promote the campaign, or other services or products that would help Operation Backpack®.
To learn about the benefits of corporate sponsorship or to make an offline gift to Operation Backpack® 2017 please contact Rachel Weinstein, VP/Chief Development & Communications Officer at email@example.com or (212) 496-4305.
THANK YOU, on behalf of the children. Meet some here: Thank you!