Orbital Boot Camp Scholarship Fund
Team Member: Edlyn Yuen
Gary Chou wrote -
The program was a success and so we'd like to do it again.
We're raising a scholarship fund to help qualified students cover the cost of tuition. Our goal is to be able to fund at least 50% of the seats.
We're particularly looking out for:
- Women and people of color under-represented in technology
- Those working on civic, social, and educational projects
- Or, those with financial need
Tuition covers use of the space, time with instructors and advisors, and other program costs.
All contributors will receive details on how the funds are used. If we're fortunate to raise money above our goal, we'll apply that towards scholarships for future Orbital programs.
From Orbital Boot Camp Summer 2014 Students
“If someone else could tell me exactly what to build, I’d not only deprive myself of an experience, but I’d strip vrban of the input that will help make it something that people love.”
-Angel Say via The Right Answer is the Wrong One
“This is exactly what I expect my own students to do…to explore and stay open and flexible and respond creatively.”
-Marnie Gelfman via The Joy of Your Own Discovery
“I’m much more confident taking a leap knowing that I have a community behind me that'll help push me in the right direction.”
-Darrell Simmons via Orbital Lessons Learned Talk
“Share your progress, process, thoughts and work with the world so you can make space for chance and things you didn't plan for.”
-Priyanka Batra via Stop Making/Letting Me Talk In Public, or “Lessons Learned”
More Lessons Learned from the Students
- Talk from Orbital’s Lesson’s Learned by Lenny Bogdonoff
- On Ben Pieratt’s Creative Mornings talk, and an invitation to the Orbital Boot Camp “Lessons Learned” talks by Rose Matsa
- 7 Things I’ve Learned From Orbital Thus Far by Simran Jaising
- Lessons Learned at Orbital Boot Camp by Tina Ye
Orbital Boot Camp 2015
- Why I Launched Orbital Boot Camp by Gary Chou
- An Interview with Gary Chou of New York's Orbital with Khoi Vinh