BENEFITING: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
ORGANIZER: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
When I ran my first NYC marathon two years ago, I had two goals: raise money for charity, and don’t die. Mission accomplished! After taking a pass last year (babies will make you do that), I’m ready to give it another go.
Once again, I’ll be running to support the Organization for Autism Research. OAR funds research to learn more about the development of autism, and the best ways to ensure that people across the autism spectrum are able to lead lives with as much independence and dignity as possible.
WHY RUN FOR AUTISM?
1 in 68 children in the U.S. is diagnosed with autism. By joining the RUN FOR AUTISM team, you're supporting OAR's mission to fund research and resources that help people with autism and their families today.
Here are some of the ways that OAR uses the funds raised by the RUN FOR AUTISM team:
- $10 provides a Curriculum in a Box professional development set to general education teachers.
- $25 provides 15 copies of A Guide to Safety to families and first responders.
- $100 provides the Kit for Kids peer education resource to an entire elementary or middle school.
- $150 provides 100 copies of a Life Journey through Autism guidebook sent to a community support group or military installation.
- $1,000 provides a research grant for a graduate student studying autism.
- $3,000 provides a scholarship for a student with autism to attend college.
- $30,000 fully underwrites an applied research pilot study.