Run for “Team SAMATAVA”
September 14, 2017
BENEFITING: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
ORGANIZER: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
I’m getting ready to run TCS New York City Marathon 2017. I would like to take this opportunity to raise fund for Organization for Autism Research and also represent Team SAMATAVA.
Team SAMATAVA - is group of like-minded volunteers working relentlessly to create Autism awareness, support families and center for Autism in INDIA.
I would appreciate wholeheartedly the kind support for this worthwhile cause.
Thanks and Regards
ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH wrote -
WHY RUN FOR AUTISM?
1 in 68 children in the U.S. is diagnosed with autism. By joining the RUN FOR AUTISM team, you're supporting OAR's mission to fund research and resources that help people with autism and their families today.
Here are some of the ways that OAR uses the funds raised by the RUN FOR AUTISM team:
- $10 provides a Curriculum in a Box professional development set to general education teachers.
- $25 provides 15 copies of A Guide to Safety to families and first responders.
- $100 provides the Kit for Kids peer education resource to an entire elementary or middle school.
- $150 provides 100 copies of a Life Journey through Autism guidebook sent to a community support group or military installation.
- $1,000 provides a research grant for a graduate student studying autism.
- $3,000 provides a scholarship for a student with autism to attend college.
- $30,000 fully underwrites an applied research pilot study.