FUNDRAISING GOAL HAS BEEN MET!
October 20, 2017
BENEFITING: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
ORGANIZER: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
As most of you know I run...I run a lot! This year I've decided to run for something greater than myself and put meaning to my hard earned miles. For my 28th marathon, I'm running the New York City Marathon on November 5th in support of autism research!
Autism now affects 1 in 68 children and there is no cure. It is the fastest growing developmental disorder, but yet the most underfunded.
The Organization for Autism Research (OAR) strives to make a difference in the daily lives of persons with autism and their families. They publish a series of practical, evidence-based guidebooks;
maintain targeted, supportive websites; offer scholarship opportunities for undergraduate students, and also provide resources specifically for military families impacted by autism. Led by parents and grandparents of children and adults on the autism spectrum, OAR useS applied science to answer questions that parents, families, individuals with autism, teachers and caregivers confront daily. Oar's mission is to apply research to the challenges of autism. No other autism organization has this singular focus.
RAISE MONEY. FUND RESEARCH. CHANGE LIVES.
WHAT YOUR DONATION MEANS!
$0.87 of every dollar donated goes to supporting OAR's mission to fund research and resources that help people with autism, their families and educators! Here are some of the ways that OAR uses the funds raised by the RUN FOR AUTISM team:
- $10 provides a Curriculum in a Box professional development set to general education teachers.
- $25 provides 15 copies of A Guide to Safety to families and first responders.
- $100 provides the Kit for Kids peer education resource to an entire elementary or middle school.
- $150 provides 100 copies of a Life Journey through Autism guidebook sent to a community support group or military installation.
- $1,000 provides a research grant for a graduate student studying autism.
- $3,000 provides a scholarship for a student with autism to attend college.
- $30,000 fully underwrites an applied research pilot study.
Thank you for visiting my fundraising page! All donation are fully tax-deductible. Please help me reach my fundraising goal by donating to this amazing organization! Feel free to share this page with anyone and check with your employer to see if they will match your donation.
To submit a donation by check, please send directly to the OAR office at:
Organization for Autism Research
ATTN: RUN FOR AUTISM - Sean Flynn
2000 North 14th Street, Suite 240
Arlington, VA 22201
Make all checks payable to the Organization for Autism Research (or simply OAR). Include your name and Sarah Rodis NYC Marathon on the memo line. These donations will appear on my fundraising page once they're processed by the RUN staff.