BENEFITING: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
ORGANIZER: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
PSA- DONATIONS ARE IN U.S DOLLARS NOT AUS!
I'm excited to run the biggest marathon in the world- for Autism (more specifically, the Organisation for Autism Research- OAR)! Almost 7 years ago I started working with a 15 year old boy with severe autism as a part time job, which grew into so much more. I have learnt so much from this boy, and others I've met along the way, and even quit my business degree because I found what I am passionate about! I am now studying teaching with the goal of going into Special Education, and so I'm so excited to be able to run and fundraise for autism.
I will be paying my own way for the whole trip- flights, accommodation, meals, everything. Your donations are purely going towards autism research which is awesome!!
More specifically, here are some of the ways that OAR uses the funds raised by the RUN FOR AUTISM team:
- $10 provides a Curriculum in a Box professional development set to general education teachers.
- $25 provides 15 copies of A Guide to Safety to families and first responders.
- $100 provides the Kit for Kids peer education resource to an entire elementary or middle school.
- $150 provides 100 copies of a Life Journey through Autism guidebook sent to a community support group or military installation.
- $1,000 provides a research grant for a graduate student studying autism.
- $3,000 provides a scholarship for a student with autism to attend college.
- $30,000 fully underwrites an applied research pilot study.
I especially love that my goal is $3,000, and that amount can provide a scholarship for a student with autism to attend college!
For every single one of you who donates to this for me, I will be making sure you are a part of the day. Whether I write all your names up my arms, or get a singlet printed with everyones names on the back, somehow you will all be there with me on the day, because it means so much to me!