Love is Love is Love
September 21, 2016
BENEFITING: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
ORGANIZER: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
EVENT DATE: Nov 06, 2016
WHY RUN FOR AUTISM?
I run for my son Alex and all the kids he's met in school throughout the years, and all the wonderful and amazing teachers who have helped guide him (and me). I never expected to be on this journey through autism-land but I've met so many wonderful people along the way, and I never might've known them without Alex's diagnosis on 12/1/1999. It was here that we found one of the most important tribes of our lives.
1 in 68 children in the U.S. is diagnosed with autism. By joining the RUN FOR AUTISM team, you're supporting OAR's mission to fund research and resources that help people with autism and their families today.
Here are some of the ways that OAR uses the funds raised by the RUN FOR AUTISM team:
- $10 provides a Curriculum in a Box professional development set to general education teachers.
- $25 provides 15 copies of A Guide to Safety to families and first responders.
- $100 provides the Kit for Kids peer education resource to an entire elementary or middle school.
- $150 provides 100 copies of a Life Journey through Autism guidebook sent to a community support group or military installation.
- $1,000 provides a research grant for a graduate student studying autism.
- $3,000 provides a scholarship for a student with autism to attend college.
- $30,000 fully underwrites an applied research pilot study.