Scott Baker via Crowdrise
June 01, 2013
EVENT DATE: Jun 30, 2013
Join us in the evolution of Olympia School District's science education by giving students access to a space telescope and engaging new curriculum tools.
Until now, the decisions on space exploration have been made by the highest level people in the industry.
Today, Planetary Resources is pulling back the curtain to not only show you the inner workings of the space industry, but give you the opportunity to get involved! They've just launched a Kickstarter for the ARKYD space telescope - the first one to be publicly funded, and more important publicly CONTROLLED.
The project and video are here http://lky.me/1HCK
Their goal is to completely redefine the way we interact with space, and give students a new way to learn about the science and engineering that goes into building and launching a spacecraft. We want to put the joy of discovery back into the classroom, where students can be a part of history and join a global community of creative individuals.
With the $5,000 raised in this event, the Olympia School district would get:
- 25 Main Optic Observations to be directed by the teacher and students
- 30 (Digital) Space Selfies and 30 Mission Patches to provide to students
- Educational Poster describing the technology that makes the ARKYD work.
- Access to a curriculum and tutorial developed by the team at Planetary Resources in collaboration with educators
- A full size desktop model of the ARKYD as a teaching tool with the pledger name (if desired) etched into it.
- 1 Year Membership to Planetary Society
We understand that not everyone can support this project financially, but you can also help spread the word in your community. Like the project on Facebook to let your friends know about it. Tweet about it, send an email to your contacts and share on forums. The more people who know about this mission, the greater our chance to get funded and enrich the educational lives of students everywhere. Become a part of History. Donate.