BENEFITING: AUTISM SPEAKS
EVENT DATE: Aug 23, 2013
Hi Everyone !
I'm Angela and I am an aspiring behavior therapist in Philadelphia. I work with clients negotiating Autism Spectrum Disorders. In August I will have the chance to support my clients and have some fun by rappelling from a 22 story building! Help me raise $1,000 to support autism research, prevention, and treatment! and go OVER the edge of the Philadelphia's Hyatt hotel!
To secure a rope and go over the edge, each participant is required to a raise a minimum of $1,000.
This once-in-a-lifetime experience has been arranged by Autism Speaks the world's leading autism science and advocacy organization, dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for autism; increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders; and advocating for the needs of individuals with autism and their families.
• Autism now affects 1 in 88 children and 1 in 54 boys
• Autism prevalence figures are growing
• Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U.S.
• Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average
• Autism receives less than 5% of the research funding of many less prevalent childhood diseases
• Boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to have autism