Make a donation for your chance to win a purse!
October 02, 2017
BENEFITING: P A C E Inc
Our Story: The Alliance Area Domestic Violence Shelter (AADVS) has been providing services in the Greater Stark County area since its founding in 1979 as Project for Assisting in Crisis Emergence (P.A.C.E., Inc). We have been doing business as the AADVS since the early 1980’s. Over the years, our services and programs have evolved to meet the needs of our community. Currently, there is a need to expand those services to enable survivors with pets to leave an abusive relationship without leaving their furry family member behind.
What It’s All About: (and it’s not the hokey pokey!) We are dedicated to our mission to empower and assist survivors of verbal, emotional, financial, sexual and physical abuse by providing education, resources, emergency shelter and transitional support services.
· Community Collaboration. We believe in a community wide collaboration focused on breaking the cycle of abuse.
· Education. We believe in the reduction and prevention of abuse by educating individuals and the community.
· Secure and Supportive Home. We strive to uphold a secure and supportive home environment to safely guide survivors toward a better future.
· Meeting Survivors Where They’re At. We focus on providing holistic, individualized services infused with knowledge about the roles that violence and victimization play and engaging survivors to facilitate healthy recovery. The focus is on trust and safety, emphasizing the survivor’s strength and respecting his/her choices and situation.
· Emergency Shelter
· 24-hour Crisis Hotline (330-823-7223)
· Support, Information, and Referrals
· Case Management
· Residential & Outreach counseling & support groups
· Educational services
· Economic Empowerment classes
· Legal Advocacy
· Assistance with food, clothing, & other needs
· Emergency child care
· Public speaking: Domestic & Dating Violence
We truly could not do the work that we do without your support. Please make a donation today and join our community of supporters making changes in the lives of survivors. Every donation makes a difference.
NOT SURE WHAT TO GIVE? PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
Help a Survivor:
$10 could provide a meal to a survivor and child staying in shelter
$25 could provide a survivor with personal care necessities for one month $50 could change a lock on a survivor’s home
$75 could provide an educational presentation for a local school or community organization
$100 could provide one peer to peer counseling session
$500 could provide legal advocacy for 1 survivor throughout their court case $1000 could safely relocate a survivor
Help a Survivor & Their Pet:
$10 could purchase a small bag of pet food
$25 could board a dog for 1 night
$50 could provide a pet with the bordatella vaccine required for boarding & a bag of food
$75 could provide all vaccinations required for the boarding of 1 pet
$100 could feed a pet for the survivor’s 90 day stay in shelter
$250 could provide 3 on site emergency kennels for pets until they can be boarded
$1000 could board a pet for the survivor’s 90 day stay in shelter