BENEFITING: TANNERY ARTS CENTER INC
The Colligan Theater will be the jewel in the crown of the arts campus, providing local theater, dance, music and spoken word artists with an affordable and elegant space to stage their events for the community.
The 182-seat theater will be designed to be versatile, multi-use and state of the art, making it a viable venue for diverse groups to use. In keeping with the historic preservation of the exterior look of the Tannery buildings, the new theater will preserve the historic qualities of the old Hide House, matching it to the other structures on site. The new theater will provide the city with enhanced instructional and public performance spaces for students, neighborhood residents and the community. Highlights of the construction project include:
• A new 182-seat theater with state of the art audio and visual and lighting systems, seating and dressing rooms.
• A large open plaza and sculpture garden for outdoor events
• A renovated and restored Hide House building, completing the redevelopment of the dilapidated Tannery site
• Ample parking and access from Highway 9
• Expert design, site preparation and construction team