Dorian Poisson via Crowdrise
February 09, 2012
BENEFITING: URBAN LIGHT
EVENT DATE: Jul 15, 2012
Do you remember your childhood?
I do. Mine was equally tough and innocent. It was beautiful.
To a group of young boys on the other side of the world, their childhood is nonexistant. They grew up as victims in a world of sex, exploitation, child prostitution, and human trafficking. Hell.
Help me get to them. Through a relationship with Maryland based UrbanLight Organization (formerly Recycle Child Project), I have been afforded the opportunity to spend time working with several victims of Chiang Mai's sex trade. With your support I will travel to Northern Thailand in July of 2012 and will spend the course of three weeks there mapping the Chiang Mai Province and it's several Red Light Districts. By bringing awareness to these areas, we can get closer to shutting down their operations and saving Thailand's youth from the snare of sex trafficking and forced child prostitution.
My goals upon arrival
- Geographically map the Red Light Districts within Chiang Mai
- Participate in bringing awareness to child prostitution and sex trafficking
- Restore and renew the lives of the Urban Light boys
- Provide a cultural and educational foundation through Archaeology and Cooking classes
- Document every step of my journey with video and photography
- Reveal the "hubs" of the sex trade
My calculations indicate that a $25.00 donation (or more!) by 160 people will turn this dream into a reality.
Help me support this incredible cause. Be the light!