"Have Fun and Save Lives"!! Join us for a fun day Standup Paddling (SUP) together at Harbour Towne Beach, Muskegon, Michigan in support of the local Affiliate of Susan G Komen.
UPDATE - July 8, 2015 - We're almost at capacity! CLICK HERE & Please read these important details about the event so you know what to expect on Saturday.
We have professional SUP instructors, fun races, paddle boards to demo, rent for the whole day or purchase, happy hour beer, wine and a delicious lunch all lined up for you. You can also get a free breast or skin cancer exam with the friendly doctors & nurses from Radiology Muskegon & Hackley Community Health. Win great prizes, check out the partner expo and silent uuction and rock out to the live music - there's somethng for everyon
You must pre-register to participate - CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION or to donate to the event or your friend's team. Remember - net proceeds from the event benefit Susan G. Komen Michigan's West Michigan service area (Kent, Ottawa, Newaygo, Muskegon and Montcalm counties) and will be used to fund life-saving breast health programs like the current one at Hackley Community Care!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- 8 AM - onsite registration (Last chance) opens
- Change into your pink SUFTC Jersey & park your SUP at the water’s edge
- Sign up for the SUP Clinic, your Breast or Skin Screening Exam at the Radiology Muskegon PC Health Expo
- Place your Tickets in the baskets for your prize at Drawing
- Bid on the SUP Boards and other amazing items at the Silent Auction
- Shop in the Expo for new fun products
- Visit the Ambry Counselors to learn about your genetics and your risks for cancer
- 9 AM - The SUP Clinics begin for all levels of instruction - SUP Yoga Clinic and Demonstration
- 9:30 AM - : The Health Expo for Breast and Skin Screening Clinics opens
- 9:45 AM - Registration closes
- 10:00 AM - The Hawaiian Blessing of our Breast Cancer Survivors. The “Pu” conch signifying the mass launch for the “Sea of Pink”. CALLING ALL SURVIVORS!!! YOU are welcome to join in this celebration of life!
- 10:30 - Advanced (5K) and Intermediate (2.5K) Races
- 11 AM - Kids' Races
- 11:30 AM - Team Relay Races The Michelob Ultra Happy Hour begins! Featuring Live Music with “Skee-Town Stylee”
- Noon - The Silent Auction Closes (Quickly place your last bids)
- 12:30 - Lunch is served (Thanks to Hab's for all the good eats n' treats!)
- 2 PM - Awards' Ceremony for the Races and Top Fundraisers
- After party at Docker's!!
- Download a PDF of the full schedule here
- Bring cash or credit card for shopping at the expo, bidding on great prizes, donations, etc.
- Bring a towel and a change of clothes... you'll probably get a little wet
- Bring your photo ID. Without it you won't be able to take part in the fantastic beer garden with MIchelob Ultra and Barefoot Wine
- Boards and paddles are available on a first come - first serve basis. Please share them! If you like to guarantee a board for the entire day, rent one onsite ahead of time by clicking here.
- Bring a Personal Flotation Device (PFD). The Coast Guard requires them!
- If you have boards to share, please bring them
**UPDATE: We will have a FULL house on Saturday for the event.. Muskegon rocks! Please bring your patience as we work hard to make sure everyone gets time on a paddleboard. If you don't want to wait your turn you can rent your own board ahead of time and keep it all day long (or one board for your family, etc.) It's totally up to you! Click here for rental info.