Made up of parents that have all had children in the NICU, the Evergreenhealth Parents Advisory Board is there to make sure all families receive the support and information they need to navigate the NICU journey and to successfully transition home.
Your gift today in support of the Parent Advisory Board's programs will help families overcome the trauma of a NICU stay through:
- weekly support groups for families
- individual visits from a Parent Advisor to answer questions, or lend a much needed ear
- exit meetings to provide parents with available resources to continue care for themselves and their child following discharge
- regular treat nights for families to bring a little joy and a message of hope
- help through the holiday season with the gift of a teddy bear for each baby in the NICU
- the Annual NICU Alumni Picnic, giving the opportunity for families to connect after discharge with others on a similar journey
Every expectant parent wishes for a healthy baby, but that wish is not always answered. Each year hundreds of families have a child admitted to the Evergreenhealth NICU. Even with the loving and skilled care of the nurses and doctors, having a baby in the NICU is traumatic. Thank you for making sure no family has to experience this journey without the compassion and support of someone like you!