BENEFITING: LAKE CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES
EVENT DATE: Sep 19, 2015
As a Board Member and volunteer at Lake Christian Ministries, I see the great work being done helping many people in the Smith Mountain Lake community who have limited financial resources. I am particularly excited about the ministry's increased focus on helping people help themselves, i.e., to become self-sufficient and independent, to the maximum extent possible. The "New Tomorrows" program is helping people build new lives for themselves through self-improvement instruction and activities, through self-esteem workshops, through family counseling and job coaching.
I hope you will donate in support of my walking to raise the money necessary to ensure the availability of these benefits to those in need in our community.
While the people we serve are the real story, hopefully, the statistics below will give you a sense of how significant our ministry is to those people we serve:
- households served (food, clothing, household goods): 1,053
- individuals served: 2,813; 60% older than 60 or younger than 18
- total budget: $350,000; food - $150,000; emergency financial aid - $85,000
- number of LCM volunteers: 200+
- number of LCM paid employees: "0"