As we enjoy this special season with family and friends, please consider supporting the important work of Pathfinders in this time of giving. Youth served by Pathfinders often face home lives we wouldn’t recognize – mental, physical, and/or sexual abuse by an adult in the home, mental illness or substance abuse of family members, poverty, and in some cases, a family who rejects them due to their sexual orientation. These kids often have nowhere to go as they age out of traditional child social services but cannot access shelters and services available to adults only. In my involvement with Pathfinders, I see first-hand that this is an incredibly well-run agency with caring and knowledgeable staff who are at the center of trying to ease, and ultimately solve, the crisis of youth homelessness in our city.
Your monetary donation or a gift of needed supplies during this holiday season will be put to good use. Thank you so much for your thoughtful consideration!
You can view Pathfinders wish list here.
Have a safe and joyous holiday season,
PATHFINDERS MILWAUKEE INC wrote -
Join us this holiday season and help us reach our year end campaign goal! Due to a few very generous donations, we are excited to announce that every contribution made up to our $50,000 goal will be matched dollar for dollar!
The need for your continued generous support has never been greater:
- Nearly 500 youth are homeless and on the streets on any given night in Milwaukee, yet our supportive housing program waitlist is three times greater than our current capacity.
- Milwaukee leads the country in alarmingly high rates of teen pregnancy, infant mortality, and youth unemployment.
- Human trafficking has reached levels that make Milwaukee a national hub for the exploitation of youth.
And the results of your investment have never been more inspiring:
- Our work is recognized nationally by HUD as a model program for its effective use of rapid re-housing for ending youth homelessness.
- Our Housing First approach is embraced by the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families and promoted across the State as an effective youth-centered and trauma-informed strategy.
- Our evidenced-based interventions have reduced infant mortality to 0% for the young parents served in our Rosalie Center home visiting program.
Every one of our youth deserves a caring adult in their lives. Thank you for being that caring person. Thank you for being the change we need to see in the world. And through your generous donation, thank you for helping support Pathfinders as we continue our mission of Empowering Youth and Changing Lives!