You all know what Pathfinders means to me.
Making sure that vulnerable youth and young people in the Milwaukee area are able to get their basic needs met, have a chance to heal from past traumas / hurts, and be able to launch themselves as successfull adults is what is it all about.
Most of us had reasonably stable homes growing up, had at least one trusted adult in our lives, and consequently launched into adulthood with at least moderate success. Pathfinders young people do not have this. That's why they need us. They need YOU!
Please give generously.
I pledge to match the first $100 in donations on our fundraising page with my own $100! This is in addition to the dollar for dollar match Pathfinders has secured.
PATHFINDERS MILWAUKEE INC wrote -
Join us this holiday season and help us reach our year end campaign goal! Due to a few very generous donations, we are excited to announce that every contribution made up to our $50,000 goal will be matched dollar for dollar!
The need for your continued generous support has never been greater:
- Nearly 500 youth are homeless and on the streets on any given night in Milwaukee, yet our supportive housing program waitlist is three times greater than our current capacity.
- Milwaukee leads the country in alarmingly high rates of teen pregnancy, infant mortality, and youth unemployment.
- Human trafficking has reached levels that make Milwaukee a national hub for the exploitation of youth.
And the results of your investment have never been more inspiring:
- Our work is recognized nationally by HUD as a model program for its effective use of rapid re-housing for ending youth homelessness.
- Our Housing First approach is embraced by the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families and promoted across the State as an effective youth-centered and trauma-informed strategy.
- Our evidenced-based interventions have reduced infant mortality to 0% for the young parents served in our Rosalie Center home visiting program.
Every one of our youth deserves a caring adult in their lives. Thank you for being that caring person. Thank you for being the change we need to see in the world. And through your generous donation, thank you for helping support Pathfinders as we continue our mission of Empowering Youth and Changing Lives!