BENEFITING: Piedras Blancas Light Station Association, Inc.
Piedras Blancas Light Station (Lighthouse) needs its feral lens put back on top of the tower. Located a few miles north of Hearst Castle on the scenic, rugged, remote, central coast of California Piedras Blancas was designated an “Outstanding Natural Area” by Congress on May 8, 2008. Build in 1875 the Lighthouse guided mariners between Point Conception and Point Sur for many years before being replaced with new technology. Damaged by an earthquake in 1948 the lantern room was removed for safety reasons. The Piedras Blancas Light Station Association (www.piedrasblancas.org/) hopes to retrofit the tower and restore the lantern room on this historic structure.