Elise Marie Myrvang Eikeland via Crowdrise
November 22, 2012
BENEFITING: PCOS CHALLENGE INC
PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) is a lifestyle disease, that 1 in 10 women got worldwide. In Norway were I come from 6% of the woman population got it, and recently I got to know I am one of them. I was told I have had PCOS since my teenage years, and now at the age of 32 I was tested, and my whole world turned around.
Many women don't even know (like the case was with me) that they have PCOS, and develop many challenges along the way.
Important Facts and Research Regarding PCOS
- PCOS is a complex hormonal and reproductive disorder that affects over seven million women in the United States and 1-in-10 women worldwide.
- PCOS is the leading cause of infertility in women.
- Women with PCOS constitute the largest group of women at risk for developing cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes.
- PCOS is a precursor for other serious conditions including cancer and obesity.
- Suicide attempts are up to seven times more common in women with PCOS than other women.
- Pre-teens and teens can develop PCOS. Earlier diagnosis can give them the opportunity to better manage the emotional, internal, physical effects of PCOS. It can also help them prevent the onset of more serious illnesses related to PCOS.
- Despite affecting millions women and the serious health consequences, PCOS is unknown to most people and a staggering 50% of the women living with PCOS are estimated to still be undiagnosed.
Women with PCOS experience a combination of symptoms that can lead to serious conditions such as obesity, heart disease, diabetes, and infertility. In fact.
There is sadly no cure for PCOS; therefore it is a life-long condition, and people need to be informed about managing PCOS and all the symptoms associated with it.
The PCOS Challenge is a program that brings women with PCOS together to support each other in the difficult journey to turning their lives around and trying to reverse PCOS.
PCOS Challenge, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. This organization is one of the largest and most active support organizations for women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome worldwide. PCOS Challenge Inc touch the lives of women with PCOS and their supporters each year through cable television and radio programming, online and offline support groups, and education and awareness initiatives. Since their programs began in 2009, they've helped many women find answers that helped them overcome their struggles with infertility, weight gain, anxiety and depression and reduce their risk for life-threatening related conditions.
Please help in giving support and donate to PCOS Challenge Inc, and help women like me living with this disease getting a better life.
Your contribution has a direct impact on the lives of women with PCOS.
PCOS Challenge, Inc provides support for women with PCOS through
- PCOS Challenge Nonprofit Organization Web Site - PCOSChallenge.org
- PCOS Challenge Online Support Network - PCOSChallenge.com
- PCOS Challenge Expert Series - PCOSChallenge.net
- PCOS Challenge television show
- PCOS Challenge radio show
- Local area support groups
- Multiweek fitness, nutrition, and mental wellness challenges.