BENEFITING: Pediatric Congenital Heart Association Inc
ORGANIZER: Pediatric Congenital Heart Association Inc
Help Barrett continue to make a difference on a national scale by helping him raise $1000 to support the Pediatric Congenital Heart Association! When Bear was born we had no idea what he would face in those first few days, weeks, or years. We had no idea that we were in this for a lifetime. When I found PCHA not only did I use their resources to educate myself but dedicated my life to making a difference on his behalf. It has grown into a passion I didn't know I had until my warrior showed me the way with his strength. I started a whole new path for our whole new life as a mother to a medically complex warrior. It's been almost 3 years volunteering with this organization whom I consider my family. We've had so many amazing opportunities present themselves through PCHA. We've met some of the most brilliant and influential medical minds in the field, met with our nations leaders, and connected with countless inspiring families. Barrett has been blessed to be included in national Congenital Heart Disease conversations. His story has been shared with thousands, included in national CHD legislation, and featured on some pretty amazing platforms. We want to continue to work with this organization that helped us find our voice and make a difference.
The Pediatric Congenital Heart Association’s mission is to “Conquer Congenital Heart Disease.” As the leading voice, we are accomplishing this through collaboration with patients, parents, providers, and partner organizations to improve quality and outcomes through CHD education, support, research and awareness.
We are Conquering CHD!
We are moving Mountains:
- Hosting 2 national conferences in 2017 about patient empowerment through public reporting of hospital outcome information.
- Received national coverage of our efforts on this issue in U.S. News and World report
- Co-hosted a congenital heart legislative conference discussing public health policy, research and data for congenital heart disease.
- Presently have a congenital heart disease research law working it's way through Congress
We are touching lives:
- In the first 6 months of 2017, we distributed more than 3000 Conquering CHD care packages providing essential resources and support directly to patients and their families
- Shared more than 5000 copies of our Guided Questions Tool to help patients and family have important conversations with their doctors.
- Reach between 50,000-200,000 people each week on social media with our education, support, research and awareness messaging.
PCHA is the resounding voice of the pediatric congenital heart community. Our voice is strengthened by the involvement of all of those who share our mission.
Help us reach our goal of raising $25,000 to further that mission.
- $35 puts a prenatal kit into the hands of a parent who just learned of their child’s diagnosis
- $45 allows us to provide a Conquering CHD care package of educational materials and comfort items to a family whose child is in the hospital
- $50 helps us educate 5 medical providers about the needs of patients with CHD and their families
- $500 sponsors a parent or patient to attend our Legistlative Conference in Washington D.C., and advocate for all those impacted by CHD by educating our members of Congress about congenital heart disease on Capital Hill.
Join our campaign today by becoming a fundraiser yourself – Any fundraiser who raises over $100 dollars will receive a free PCHA Conquering CHD t-shirt. That’s just 10 friends donating $10!!
Give A Voice.