Kick off Day!
July 12, 2017
BENEFITING: Pediatric Congenital Heart Association Inc
ORGANIZER: Pediatric Congenital Heart Association Inc
The Pediatric Congenital Heart Association has continually impressed me ever since I learned about the organization. Their mission is to conquer congenital heart disease and they do this in many ways, but probably my favorite way is by bringing patients, providers, parents and others together- physically, in the same room through their Transparency Summits. The fact is, we all live in "silos." The patient has a perspective, the parent has a perspective and our medical professionals have perspectives that are completely different. But bringing us all together- and challenging everyone to communicate and work towards a common goal of better care- is so important. These summits have already changed the way our CHDers are taken care of- please donate to continue this work because it's all about the FUTURE for our kids.
Here's some of my favorite accomplishments of PCHA and below this list is some of the ways your dollars can be spent.
We are moving Mountains:
- Hosting 2 national conferences in 2017 about patient empowerment through public reporting of hospital outcome information and received national coverage of our efforts on this issue in U.S. News and World report
- Co-hosted a congenital heart legislative conference discussing public health policy, research and data for congenital heart disease.
We are touching lives:
- In the first 6 months of 2017, we distributed more than 3,000 Conquering CHD care packages providing essential resources and support directly to patients and their families
PCHA is the resounding voice of the congenital heart community. Our voice is strengthened by the involvement of all of those who share our mission.
Help us reach our goal of raising $25,000 to further that mission.
- $5 Provides a family with an educational resource card
- $50 Allows us to provide a Conquering CHD care package of educational materials and Comfort items to a family whose child is in the hospital
- $100 Helps us reach 20,000 people through social media- This is really important because so many of our parents feel alone and social media can be the one and only way they feel supported!
- $250 Helps support an educational hospital site visit.
- $500 Sponsors a parent or patient to attend our Legistlative Conference in Washington D.C., and advocate for all those impacted by CHD by educating our members of Congress about congenital heart disease on Capital Hill.
Give Knowledge. Give A Voive. Give Hope. Please Give.