BENEFITING: HURON FOREST CAMP CEDARRIDGE INC
EVENT DATE: Dec 31, 2014
Every penny donated goes directly toward a scholarship for a child to attend our program! Since we are a registered non profit 501(c)3, all contributions are TAX DEDUCTIBLE.
We strive to provide quality training in music, theater, dance, and technical arts to kids ages 7-18. Our participants come from several different states.
About half of our participants over the past 2 seasons received scholarships. All scholarships are based on financial need. We believe that kids who have the drive and ability to attend our program should be given the chance. We don't want the inability to pay their tuition to prevent them from experiencing all we have to offer.
Due to the generousity of people like you we are able to have kids from all over the country come together for an awesome experience!
What We Need
One full scholarship is $995. This goes towards:
- Food & Housing for 2 weeks
- Private vocal/acting sessions
- Masterclasses with industry professionals
- Costumes and Tech Supplies
- Travel to and from rehearsals
- All camp activities (horseback riding, swimming, hiking, archery, canoeing, etc)
Your donation truly does make an impact:
There is a lot of depression in the arts community. One of our main goals in this program is to train up quality artists to go into the arts sharing the hope they have in Christ with others in a healthy and encouraging way.
We have received rave reviews for our past productions! Feel free to visit our website to see our press coverage. www.hfccperformingartscompany.com
We bring in guest artists for the kids to perform with, raising the bar of excellence. This also allows for the kids to perform alongside professionals in the field as well as giving the guest artists the opportunity share their talents and to give back!
We are creating a network for our participants and alumni as they venture to other arts programs throughout the world!
Risks & Challenges
These days it's very difficult to find funding for the arts. Every little bit donated helps!
These kids are worth the investment!!
Our creative team and staff are some of our biggest donors because they know first hand the impact this program has in kids' lives.
Other Ways You Can Help
We understand times are hard and not everyone is in the position to contribute financially, but there are other ways to help:
- Please get the word out and make some noise about your campaign! Put it on your social media.
- Email/call your family and friends directly about making a donation.
- Get a group together to sponsor a full scholarship. Maybe you have a fabulous small group at church or work who would be willing to all pitch in!!