Doris McDowall via Crowdrise
November 07, 2012
BENEFITING: ALL WAYS UP FOUNDATION
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about Create Now! This is a great organization that focuses on transforming the lives of high-risk and at-risk youth through creative arts mentoring, education, resources, and opportunities. I've included some information on the organization below as well as a link to its website so that you can learn more about Create Now, its mission and how its making a difference in kids' lives and our community. I encourage you to help this cause and make a donation - a donation of any size can make a great impact. What's even better is that donations made through December 10 will be matched 100% by The Perlman Foundation! And, of course, your donation will be tax deductible!
Create Now serves youth ages 2-25 who have been abused, neglected, abandoned, are homeless, orphaned, runaways, teen parents, gang members, substance abusers, or incarcerated. These "forgotten children" are tucked away in group homes, shelters, detention facilities, special centers and schools throughout the Southern California region, under the radar of the general public. All of these kids struggle with feelings of hurt, distrust, anger and despair; however, it's been proven that youth involved in creative arts projects show reduced signs of violence and recidivism, have longer concentration spans, greater self-esteem and are better able to communicate without resorting to violence. Create Now's arts mentoring programs and services provide such creative outlets for the most troubled youth. Its programs give high-risk and at-risk youth the opportunity to heal, explore their unique creative self-expression and passions and create a better future for themselves.
The organization gives youth the support and tools needed to make a positive difference in their lives and community by:
- Promoting literacy, education, healthy attitudes, and behavior
- Providing troubled youth with career goals, materials and jobs
- Building self-esteem and confidence through creative arts
- Allowing caring adults to make a difference through mentoring
To learn more about Create Now, please visit www.createnow.org.
Again, every donation makes a difference!
- $5 will buy 5 songs that homeless kids learn to sing in our Talent Shows.
- $10 will provide books for 10 neglected kids.
- $20 will buy paint supplies for 5 orphans.
- $40 will send 12 foster youth to a concert or play.
- $60 will give 6 domestic violence victims 12 dance lessons.
- $80 will buy 4 drums for our music programs.
- $100 will buy 2 Flip video cameras for 20 homeless kids to shoot a video.
- $250 will buy 15 costumes for a play by abused children.
Thank you again for taking the time to learn more about this organization and for supporting a great cause!