Rescuing animals is such a joy!
July 24, 2016
Pets Alive, Inc. wrote -
451 cats, 314 dogs, 5 horses, a goat and a pig. In 2015 alone, Pets Alive saved an astounding 772 companion animals from various life-threatening situations, incurring medical expenses in excess of $150,000! We desperately need to replenish our depleted Medical Fund to enable us to help more animals in need! For instance, we're now facing an $1,800 veterinarian bill to pay for Linda's surgery on July 29th, a chihuahua mix who has patellar luxation, a congenital defect of both hind legs that causes pain when she walks. You can read her entire story here.
Who are we?
Pets Alive is one of the oldest and largest no kill animal rescue and advocacy organizations in the United States, located on 80 acres in Middletown, NY. We are a nonprofit 501c3 organization with a mission to improve the lives of dogs, cats and farm animals in need by any means possible, including rescue, adoption, advocacy, collaboration, intervention and education. It is through private donations from generous people and organizations that we are able to further our mission.
We welcome companion animals from varying circumstances, whether it’s a dog or cat we are saving from euthanasia due to overcrowding at a high kill shelter, a hoarding or neglect situation, or an owner surrendering a pet. Once in our care, we provide love, medical care, food, shelter and rehabilitation until each animal is adopted. For some, it may take years due to behavioral challenges, however, through our unique training and adoptability programs, we have a very high success rate!
About the contest - and a maching gift
Michelson Found Animals, the sponsor of this contest, will donate over $150,000 to animal welfare organizations dedicated to decreasing shelter pet euthanasia. The organization that raises the most will get a $50,000 donation to their cause. That could be Pets Alive - with your help!
And just announced, Sidewalk Angels Foundation, a New York-based, not-for-profit organization founded in 2003 by Grammy Award Winning Artist Rob Thomas and his wife Marisol Thomas, have pledged up to $25,000 to Pets Alive as part of the Challenge! Sidewalk Angels Foundation will match dollar for dollar up to $25,000, for every donation made here online as part of the Pets Alive’s Challenge website! Sidewalk Angels Foundation is dedicated to providing critically needed funds and support to grassroots groups across the country. It is the primary supporter and sponsor of a number of no kill animal shelters and animal rescues, reflecting the passion of its co-founders to fight for the rights and fair treatment of those with no voice. Since its inception the foundation has raised over $3 million dollars and helped many organizations in need.
How can you help?
There are two ways you can help and now your impact will be doubled thanks to Sidewalk Angels Foundation!
1. We need our incredible supporters to become fundraisers! By setting up a fundraiser for our cause and reaching out to your network of supporters, imagine the impact you can have. All you have to do is click 'Fundraise for This Campaign' here on this page. The contest runs for 5 weeks through August 4th, 2:00pm EST. Share your fundraiser page with everyone you know and make sure to tell them how much Pets Alive means to you!
2. Simply make a donation by clicking the "DONATE" button above - and share this with your friends by clicking the Facebook or Twitter buttons - or tell them in other ways.
How will Pets Alive use the money raised by this challenge?
No matter how big or small your donation, it will help Pets Alive provide medical care for animals in need as the examples below illustrate - and remember, each amount below will be doubled by the matching gift (up to $25,000).
- $10 buys a microchip
- $25 deworms 2 canines
- $45 pays for a spay/neuter surgery for a feline
- $75 pays for a spay/neuter surgery for a canine
- $100 buys 25 feline vaccinations
- $150 buys 25 canine vaccinations
- $250 buys 25 rabies vaccinations
- $500 pays for one dental surgery
- $1,000 pays for a critical lifesaving surgery
Thank you in advance for your support!