The mission of the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation (PFF) is to help find a cure for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), advocate for the pulmonary fibrosis community both locally and in Washington, D.C., promote disease awareness, and provide a compassionate environment for patients and their families.
Facts about pulmonary fibrosis (PF):
- Approximately 200,000 Americans currently suffer from IPF
- 40,000 people will die this year from PF - about 110 people a day
- 48,000 people will be diagnosed with PF this year
- The average life expectancy after being diagnose with PF is 3-5 years
- There is currently no known treatment or cure for those who suffer from PF
- Our spokesperson is Krysten Knievel, the granddaughter of iconic daredevil, Evel Knievel . . . no she doesn't do stunts - she sings