September Goal: Yoga
August 30, 2017
Peter G Dodge Foundation Inc wrote -
During the month of September, log the miles you run, walk, or bike and raise funds for the Peter G. Dodge Foundation (PGDF), helping people lead lives free from the effects of alcohol addiction. Over 88,000 people die from alcohol addiction every year, yet funding for advances in treatment remains low. Our Mission Grant program is making a difference in scientific research, advocacy and direct service, creating a new paradigm for what treatment and recovery can be.
In our first three Mission Grant cycles, PGDF has:
- Reached an estimated 90,400 people with educational events and resources on alcohol use disorder (AUD)
- Funded two innovative pilot studies on novel strategies for treating AUD, opening new areas of scientific inquiry
- Provided training and education for approximately 700 leaders in the addiction field
- Facilitated access to AUD treatment for more than 800 people
We are continuing this important work in 2017 and beyond, but we need your support!
Two ways to help:
This is an easy one. Simply click the big orange button on the upper right of the page, choose which team member you wish to support and the amount of your tax-deductible donation, click through to enter your payment info, and voila! We truly appreciate your support!
JOIN OUR TEAM
**Top fundraiser will receive a new Apple Watch!** Team members raising over $200 will receive a special-edition PGDF t-shirt and water bottle.
Being a team member is a fun, healthy, and social way to make a significant difference for people who struggle with alcohol addiction. Here's how to do it:
1. Click "Fundraise for this Campaign."
2. Create a CrowdRise account or log in.
3. Click "Edit Fundraiser" to personalize your profile. Make sure to set your fitness and fundraising goals!
4. Share your page on Facebook, Twitter, and via email, asking your network to support you as you complete X miles in the month of September by donating to PGDF.
5. Repeat a few times throughout August to get as many supporters as possible before September 1st.
6. During September, run, walk, or bike to meet your goal, and post about it to social media, continuing to invite donations. Update your mileage tracker (under Edit Fundraiser>Advanced Settings) as you go!
7. On September 30th, share how many miles you completed and how much you raised, and thank all of your supporters!
Every dollar raised will directly benefit our Mission Grant program, expanding the size and number of the grants we are able to make. Funding from friends like you makes up an important segment of our Mission Grant program each year. We are working to change the paradigm for what treatment and recovery from alcohol addiction can be, and we need your help! Thank you for your friendship and support.
All the best,
Elizabeth Cairns, Executive Director