I am doing a photography fundraiser for my dear friend Randy. He is one of the kindest, strongest and most full-of-life people I have ever met. He is currently battling Lymphoma and I'd like to raise money for his treatments by doing photography of you, your friends, relatives, pets. Any money raised will go directly toward his treatment and can be donated via a paypal link on his website, http://alifein5years.com/
What you will receive:
- a fun 1-2 hour photo shoot (please find some of my photos here: http://yanaiguana.com)
- 10-30 GREAT shots of you, that I will edit
- $100 payable to Randy via his link: http://alifein5years.com/
- To set-up your photo shoot, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Randy and I met volunteering for an animal shelter in Brooklyn called Empty Cages Collective. He spent countless hours nursing sick cats, squirrels, and other animals when he himself wasn't well. He is a ghost-writer, but won't tell me which books he's penned. He's got a great taste in music, check out his online radio here: blip.fm/randyhate. He's a long-time vegan and a great cook. Randy currently resides in Thailand where he is getting treated for Lymphoma and writing his autobiography. I will visit him there sometime in June.
Six years ago he was diagnosed with Lupus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lupus). It manifested in and greatly afflicted his kidneys, resulting in him now being in the 3rd stage of kidney failure(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidney_failure). In June 2010 he was told he was five years away from going on dialysis, so he opted to see as many of the places in the world he always wanted to go before he could no longer travel. While on this journey he was also diagnosed with Lymphoma (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lymphoma), and is currently "stuck" in Thailand receiving Immunotherapy treatment, where health care is affordable.
Follow along with his adventures at http://alifein5years.com/.
- Treatment and surgery expenses so far: $4000
- Further immunotherapy treatment needs: at least $2400
- This surgery and treatment would cost 65k in the states, and likely much more once all is said and done with.