Alexandra Ferguson via Crowdrise
April 17, 2012
BENEFITING: The Nature Conservancy
ORGANIZER: The Nature Conservancy
EVENT: Groupon Earth Day Challenge
EVENT DATE: Apr 16, 2012
The Nature Conservancy wrote -
Have you always wondered what to do on Earth Day? You want to make a difference but aren't sure how? Well, we finally made it simple.
Join The Nature Conservancy for Picnic for the Planet on April 22, 2012.
Every day the Earth provides nourishment for over 7 billion people. This April, let's give back. All you have to do to join the world's largest and most delicious Earth Day celebration is fundraise or donate to a picnic.
So, why should you raise money? The Nature Conservancy is the world's largest conservation organization, working in more than 30 countries and all 50 states. We work closely with the people who provide our food - farmers, ranchers and fisherman - and with your support we can continue to protect the most vital habitats on Earth.
How to Join the Team and Start Fundraising:
- Sign in to your CrowdRise account. If you don't have one, you can quickly create one with Facebook or an email address.
- Once you're logged in, just scroll down this page to THE TEAM and click "Join the Team."
- Now use the "Ask for Donations" button to tell yor friends on email, Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn how they can help.
We'll also be giving back to you.
- Everyone that joins the team and raises $100 gets 100% official Picnic for the Planet gear (like a t-shirt, water bottle, or blanket) - make it happen on this page or on our other Picnic for the Planet fundraising page which you can check out by clicking here!
- The first four people to join the team and raise $500 or more will win an iPad
Sorry, but employees of The Nature Conservancy, CrowdRise and their families are not eligible for the gear or iPads. You do have a really cool job though! If you really want to read the Terms you can find them here.
You can also donate by clicking on the GREEN button on the top right of this page. And since you're so popular, why not spread the word on Facebook and Twitter? Just remember to use the hashtag #picnic12.
Celebrate Earth Day, have fun with friends, raise money to help the planet and maybe even get some cool stuff. Sounds like a win/win/win/win.
Thanks for your support!
Michael H. Duley
Director, Global Digital Group
The Nature Conservancy