Whether it's your birthday, wedding, baby shower, you're running a marathon, or just want to raise money for a great charity, Pingg and CrowdRise make it easier than ever to celebrate your special occasion and raise lots of money for a charity that you care about deeply.
Lots of people are doing it - a seven year old boy gave up his gifts this year in order to raise money for the new playground at his elementary school; a mother we know gave birth to her second child and instead of getting traditional baby shower gifts, she asked her friends and family to donate to Every Mother Counts, a charity that supports a clinic for mothers in need in Indonesia. Great, right?
Now you can do it, too. Pingg and CrowdRise are making it easier than ever.
Here's how it works...
- Click HERE to start your own fundraiser on CrowdRise.
- Click the big blue FUNDRAISE FOR THIS EVENT button on the right.
- Create a New Team
- Name Your Team: this might be "Adam's 40th Birthday Celebration."
- Pick a URL (website name): maybe www.crowdrise.com/adams40th
- Choose the Amount of Money You Want to Raise: you can set a goal or leave it blank; Adam might try to raise $4,000 or even $40,000 for his birthday. If he's running a marathon, he might want to try to raise $2,620 or $26,200.
- Upload Photos: you can add up to 12 great photos onto your fundraising page; photos tell a great story so make sure they're compelling.
- Now choose your charity that you're raising money for on this special occasion.
- Enter your contact information - and don't worry, we'll keep it private. Feel free to opt in or out of our emails, too.
- You will now see your personal fundraising page!
- You can add in and edits photos, video, and text to reveal "The Story." Let people know who you are, tell them about your special occasion, why you're choosing to give up gifts this year, and why your charity is so important to you.
Now that you're fundraising page is complete on CrowdRise's Pingg Impact page, it's time to spread the word by creating and using your Pinggg Invite. Click HERE to visit Pingg and start your invitation.
To be sure that everything is connected and seamless, include your CrowdRise fundraising page's website address (URL) in your Pingg Invitation so all of your friends and family know where to go to make all of their generous donations.
Giving back couldn't be easier!
Thanks so much,