The hardships inflicted on families because of childhood cancer are often not quantifiable. The financial burden of increased expenses, while income may be decreased - due to reduced work hours or even unpaid, extended leave - can seem overwhelming. The stress reliever of a weekend of family fun is immeasurable. A sigh of relief knowing that the mortgage is paid for the month is another. Pinky Swear Foundation’s financial assistance and family experience programs provide help to these families in need.
Since 2003, Pinky Swear Foundation has supported families' quality-of-life with direct financial aid for basic needs, and through experiences that create emotional support, including:
- Home rescue: Rent and mortgage payments
- Reliable transportation: Auto payments, repairs and gas cards
- Groceries: Food on the table for kids and families
- Payments for bills: Utilities, daycare, and other basic needs
- Memorable experiences through family getaways: Worry-free, quality time together out of the hospital
- Ability to stay with their sick child and reduce expenses: Convenient, stocked food pantries in hospitals