My name is Justin Lewis and I am a 7th grader at Carl Sandburg Middle School. Baseball is my favorite sport. I play on a Fort Hunt Little League team and with the Mount Vernon Mavericks travel team. I know how important baseball can be for someone. Not only do you learn baseball skills and are physically active, but you learn life skills such as teamwork, following directions, and building friendships. I think that all kids, no matter where they live, should have the opportunity to be part of a team.
That is why I am fundraising for "Pitch in for Baseball." Not everyone is as lucky as I am to have money to buy the equipment needed. "Pitch In For Baseball® (PIFB)" is a registered 501(c)(3) not for profit organization that provides new and gently used baseball and softball equipment to boys and girls in the United States and around the world who want to play ball but lack the equipment to do so.
You can help by donating baseball equipment such as baseballs, softballs, bats, helmets, mitts, cleats, and catcher's gear. Or you can donate money so that these items can be purchased.
If you would like to donate equipment, just contact me at email@example.com and I will arrange to pick it up.
If you would like to donate money, some suggested amounts are:
- $20 (to purchase a fielder's glove and ball for one child)
- $30 (to purchase a catcher's mitt for one child)
- $105 (go "Around the Horn" and outfit an entire infield)
- $195 (to purchase gloves for a complete 12 person team)
- $390 (gloves for two complete 12 person teams)
- $780 (gloves for a four team league)
- $1000 (equip two entire teams with uniforms and equipment)