Increase Water Source
December 04, 2016
My visit to Uganda and the schools was nothing less than extraordinary! The students, staff, and teachers showed me so much love and embraced me as family. I have developed a new found compassion for the people in Uganda. The community as a whole embraces each other like family and when I arrived they treated me the same. I’ve met new lifetime friends that contact me everyday just to see how I am doing. Myself, Kuwomba Enoka, and Natuhamya Aggrey (Director/Mayor) began implementing new ideas to elevate the school’s current conditions. There are many challenges that exist and we have join together in partnership to make schools and the community better for students, teachers, and parents. Here are some challenges and future plans that we discussed and attempting reach:
- The school lacks a permanent water source of a bole hole. There is a challenge of students walking long distances searching for water during the summer.
- Technology Lab- The school has incomplete classrooms and technology equipment to enhance computer skills and hands-on learning.
The school has improvised dormitories for students, which living conditions are not conducive to a successful learning environment.
The school looks forward to;
- Establishing a bole hole as a permanent water source on school campus.
- Enhancing education through technology by providing students with a technology lab that will be equipped with 20 Laptops and 15 Desktops computers.
- Constructing dormitories which are permanent for orphan students.
- Complete classrooms.
We are also looking to convince more people to volunteer their time at schools in Uganda to help achieve these goals. So if you are interested in assisting Oxford Modern Primary School build a brighter future, please join the movement! #PlaceYourPrintOnTheWorld
Learn More: http://www.skylyfe.org