Hope Masters wrote -The Philadelphia OIC is dedicated to helping all members of the community grasp the opportunities available to them. We provide a range of job training, education and related programs and services people need to get the skills and experience they need to get good jobs.
Many people have a need for General Education Development leading to a GED. Some have recently left school without graduating. Others have been working for a number of years but still feel the need for a high school diploma. A high school diploma improves earning power, can provide entry into college, and gives a sense of success.
1. Greater opportunity to increase your salary - according to national statistics, the average income for someone with a GED or high school diploma is at least $10,000 more than someone who did not complete high school.
2. Less likely to lose your job - according to national unemployment statistics, the largest percentage of the currently unemployed are people who did not complete high school.
3. Greater opportunity to attend the college of your choice - with a GED, you increase your chances for continuing your education at a higher quality college or university such as a state school or private university.
4. Increase your self esteem - once you complete your GED, you will feel better about yourself and your ability to pursue your dreams for a successful career.
5. Be a role model for others - you will set an example for your friends and family by showing them the dedication and commitment it takes to complete their education.
Help us help the people of Philadelphia!!!! OIC is the premier job training program in the United States. We have been training men and women for a future of purpose and independence for 50 years.
Today, we ask for your help to help us renew our GED Training Program with funds from people like you and I. This is OIC: We Help Ourselves.
Please help the people of Philadelphia by donating to this worthy cause.