BENEFITING: UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN
EVENT DATE: May 01, 2018
Students in Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at the University of Michigan participate in positive impact-making projects, including:
- Installing solar power in underserved communities
- Teaching engineering to children in communities world-wide
- Pushing the boundaries of alternative energy transportation with solar cars
- Creating powered exoskeletons to assist those with disabilities
- Developing virtual reality games to help children in therapy
Funding these projects gives students opportunities to learn the power engineering has to change lives, and gives them the skills to continue doing so beyond their time at Michigan.
"This experience helped me realize that we’re engineers for people,” says Camille Burke, an electrical engineering sophomore.
“We build technologies to make communities better. To see that direct correlation was refreshing.”