BENEFITING: Chinese for Affirmative Action
POW! POWER OUR WORK - BUILDING LGBTQ API LEADERSHIP
API Equality - Northern California (APIENC) is launching one of our biggest fundraising campaigns of the year - POW! Power Our Work: Building LGBTQ API Leadership
As we welcome our 7th cohort of summer interns and kick off our 2nd year of the API Queer Justice Leadership Exchange (LEX), our goal is to raise $10,000 by the end of May 2016!
Facts about APIENC Grassroots Fundraising
- In 2015, individual giving made up 62% of the APIENC Program Budget, with Team APIENC raising $6634 during Give OUT Day.
- In 2016, we’re looking to raise a total of $71,000 - making individual giving a HUGE driving force behind the leadership development and Dragon Fruit Project work that we do
Why We Need You on Team APIENC:
- Between 2012-2013, foundation funding for LGBTQ Asian Pacific Islander communities totaled only $1.8 million
- Not-so-fun fact: While foundations award more than $170 per person, they award only $2.80 per LGBTQ API adult.
- That's why we recognize that grassroots fundraising and community support is so integral to our work!
We believe in YOU and the collective support that you can garner from those who care about you and the causes that YOU care about.
Thank you for building power for our communities.