BENEFITING: WFH Wholeness
Join over 200+ people including 20-50 cyclists for the PowerShfit 2011 EcoTour for Energy Coalition on
April 16, 2011 for a Clean Energy Bike Tour!
On Saturday, April 16th, upwards of 200 people will be going into the Potomac River at Mirqant Powerplant with many stops calling for action on the energy crisis. GET MORE INFO AND SIGN UP at http://Meetup.com/bike-388/
In connection with10,000 youth from throughout the country, we are organizing a Bike Tour to represent DC's push for cleaner energy.
From 1 to 4 PM, the approximately 15 mile no-drop ride will tour past locations that exemplify the ways that DC is getting to work fighting climate change!
Stops may include:
Starting at a TBD mutually accessible metro, goDCgo's new Capital Bikeshare stations (5 bikes available to new riders free of charge)
- the White House,
- past the wind turbines at the Botanical Garden,
- White House Power Plant,
- past the Silver LEED certified National Ball Park,
- the MLK Blvd past Blue Plaines Water Treatment Plant,
- Woodrow Wilson Bike Lane back and forth to Mirant Power Plant
RSVP now to reserve a space on the Clean Energy Bike Tour.
Current Clean Energy Bike Tour work partners include: PowerShift 12, WABA, goDCgo, Capital Bikeshare, Bread for the City, Wholeness for Humanity, and City Bikes.
All riders must sign a waiver.
**TRANSIT ALERT**: The WMATA reports TBA
*Riders wishing to ride Capital Bikeshare bikes must bring a helmet, bring a lock, sign a waiver, and complete a registration form.
Climate Action Bike Tour Itinerary
1. 1:00 pm -- Capital Bikeshare Station: 17th St NW & L St NW
2. 1:15 pm -- White House: 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
4. 1:30 pm -- National Botanical Garden: Capitol Building - 100 Maryland Ave., SW, Washington, DC 20001
5. 1:45 pm -- White House Power Plant, 3938 Benning Rd NE
6. 2:00 pm -- past the Silver LEED certified National Ball Park: V St NW & 2nd St NW
7. 2:15 pm -- the MLK Blvd past Blue Plaines Water Treatment Plant, 7th St NW & T St NW
8. 2:30 pm -- Woodrow Wilson Bike Lane back and forth to Mirant Power Plant1525 7th St NW (Shaw-Howard University Metro stop)
MAP OF ROUTE: MapMyRide - http://www.mapmyride...